History in neighborhood of Villa Lur
The origins of history in Villa Luro district date back to late nineteenth century, when Dr. Peter Olegario Luro, son of Peter Luro, one of the first settlers of Mar del Plata, who be devoted to various activities, including grains real estate transactions, enter the field of a farm called Nuestra Senora de los Remedios, formerly owned by the family Olivera. This farm was located between Liniers and La Floresta, near the Western Railway tracks, and around what is today the Avenida Rivadavia
At this stage of history in the neighborhood of Villa Luro geographical boundaries of the area were very marked, however, may recall some benchmarks, such as the Chalet de Penco, the Warehouse of Fontana The National Farm and some stops and cafes, as is the case of El Arbolito in what is now the corner of Rivadavia Avenue Medina, or the example of El Ombu, located in United Provinces (Avenida Juan Bautista Alberdi) in its INTERCEPT n with street climbing
As in many other areas of Buenos Aires, the railroad marked a before and after in the neighborhood of Villa history Luro: when Luro takes possession of the land initiates the process with the authorities of the Railway West (awarded to British capital) for the installation of a station on their land for the purpose of recovering, subdivide and sell. Thus, for the year 1895 the railway to enable two branches, starting its journey in its main line, would extend to the station engineer Brian on one side of the Brook. These branches combined their land tours in Luro and composed, in conjunction with the main line, a virtual triangle, which gave rise to the site is called The 3-way, the name by which the region met before receiving its current name
A year that was of great importance for the history of Villa Luro district is 1911, the year of onset advocacy of land in the area, after the whereabouts of an enabling train that was set up to Irigoyen. According to the neighbors have this station, later to be transferred to a new space, was known as "El Cajon " for their property buildings. That same year the Western Railway began operating the branch to Versailles and the Pacific Railroad from the station Sáenz Peña, since their core networks, in this neighborhood. These new alternative transportation to the place became a railway junction for trains transiting in five directions: Engineer Brian, Versailles, Once, Saenz Penayo Liniers
It was so with the advent of the electric tram line and rectification works in history Maldonado Creek neighborhood of Villa Luro beginning to change, promoting growth in the area and changing the face of place: the great land owned by the Costa brothers, Vicente Zabala and Penco were parceled, loteados and auctioned with the layout of new streets and avenues. This urban development began to disappear dairy farms, brick kilns and farms of vegetables
Among the leading personalities of the neighborhood history is Jose Villa Luro Amalfitani, Velez Sarsfield Club President for more than 20 years, posing as the propellant was more important than the institution at a time when Velez was going through a critical stage, covered by debt, abandonment of partners, poor state of football and an eviction order, made the difficult decision Amalfitani to relocate the club to wild country, away from the neighborhood, setting it in a stream bathed Maldonado. After a great effort and work, along with cooperation from the neighbors, the poor state of the club managed to reverse, bringing the figure of a man Amalfitani as essential for the institution. In tribute to his career is to be introduced on 14 May, the date of death, as the day's sports director
Some of the buildings that marked the history of Villa Luro district are: Corradi Hugo's house, located at street Yerbal to 5485, traditional-style residence for the first decade of the twentieth century, the oldest house, located at the intersection of streets Ruiz de los Llanos and Yerbal, whose face remains intact, home to a popular inn, an icon of local cuisine, and the first market in the neighborhood, located on Avenida Rivadavia between Virgilia and Lope de Vega, built in 1929.
Looking for a hotel at Buenos Aires and around the world
Book online now and get great discounts ...